Wednesday, July 08, 2009

07-08-09









todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that yesterday in our 6:30am Big Book study, we read one of the stories in the 4th edition called "The Vicious Cycle". I really identified with this exerpt where the author is talking about taking that first drink ... "I could feel it go right through every bit of my body and down to my very toes. But each drink after the first seemed to become less effective, and after three or four, they all seemed like water."

that I have all day to practice these principles ...
1 Honesty
2 Hope
3 Faith
4 Courage
5 Integrity
6 Willingness
7 Humility
8 Compassion
9 Discipline
10 Perseverance
11 Awareness of God
12 Service


One who imitates what is bad always goes beyond his model; while one who imitates what is good always comes up short of it.
- Francesco Guicciardini

8 comments:

Gin said...

I've just started reading the Big Book. I am stunned at the wisdom between those pages! Love that last quote.

Pammie said...

enjoy your day of principle practicing

Scott W said...

Yesterday's meeting was about rigorous honesty, but did you notice one person was commenting on vigorous honesty?

steveroni said...

I'm practicing the principles of violin playing. Almost the same as the "12"...

(Other) My Ego used to tell me, "Others imitate...I initiate". Ten minutes later I'd think I was not worth a wheelbarrel full of shit. It's still difficult to admit to that long-ago thinking.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your reminder of the principals. i was that way with marijuana. the first time i smoked i really could feel it throughout my entire body, after that it was less and less powerful until at the end it wasn't getting me high at all... but I still couldn't stop. grateful today i don't live like that anymore.

Zanejabbers said...

That's a tall order, but you're big enough to do it.

Syd said...

I like those principles listed. Thanks for all that you write. The BB study must be interesting.

Ed G. said...

Seems like some good principles to start with...

Blessings and aloha...