Wednesday, July 22, 2009

cat and mouse



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a lively noon AA meeting yesterday. Sometimes, personalities take control over principles, but I can just sit back and watch when I'm not in charge.

that most of my fears may never be removed, but they are mostly manageable

that I have a very comfortable home to spend my time in

that I'm not a fairweather baseball fan, nor a fairweather alcoholic-in-recovery. I work 'em both 24/7.

Create the kind of self you will be happy to live with all your life.
- Foster C. McClellan

9 comments:

Gin said...

That cat looks like me with my kids sometimes. Have a great day dAAve.

Mary Christine said...

I am grateful for your lack of fairweatherness.

Scott W said...

That meeting really was entertaining!

*meow*

steveroni said...

Maybe that's what I can learn today...sit back and watch, when I'm not in charge. I can be unfairweathered about that!

Syd said...

I like the idea of watching the egos blast off. It's like watching a train wreck. I'm glad that you have passion for your program and your baseball.

Zanejabbers said...

Foster really makes a lot of sense.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

^ what they all said ^

xo

Scott M. Frey said...

I seem to recall a rather pleasant meeting there once.... long ago lol

garden-variety drunk said...

wow- that cat looks a bit drugged out to tolerate all those mice.

love the mcclellan quote. i have to live with me 24/7 and love the second chance to create a new life and a new me I can tolerate all the hours of the day