Thursday, July 30, 2009

color not needed

a friend of mine snapped this B&W photo of me as I was departing Lambda Center


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I was on hand yesterday to hear Rashann E. relate what it was like, what happened and what it's like now

that I get to chair the 6:30am group each Wednesday in August

that I went to the Double Winner Al-Anon group last night where the main topic was shame and how we learn to deal with it. I really identified with the shares.


No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
- Helen Keller

13 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

good morning my friend, sweet car man!

Mary Christine said...

That photo looks like it was taken in the late 60s.

Pammie said...

I like the windows in the background. Bars, saying stay out, but flowers to say welcome.
Cool car daddy-o

Scott W said...

Why are you parked sideways?

Lou said...

I would like to hear you or Scott W share your story when I am in town.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Hot car!

Al-Anon :)

xo

steveroni said...

I'm older than that car.

Syd said...

Like the retro photo. B & W photography is great. Sounds like a good Al-Anon meeting on shame. I have been ashamed and I have been shamed.

diane d said...

Nice car!!! I'm new here. I've seen you comment on a few other blogs.

dAAve said...

Diane d -- I dropped by your new blog. It's good to have another recovery blogger. I hope you'll decide to turn on the "comments" so we can leave little tidbits for you.

Queenneenee said...

I Love you too Daave!

Anonymous said...

that's a sweet ride. very cool you enjoyed the double winner meeting.

Bill said...

You are one cool cat, daddy-o!