Tuesday, July 07, 2009

stepping forward



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to those with courage in any of its forms

for the positive results of stepping through the unknown to get to the other side

to know that half measures won't work for me if I want to stay serene

that I must exhibit some integrity if I am to be the sponsor I wish to be

that I am not attending Michael Jackson's Memorial today, but will probably see a little bit of it on the telly (@ Lambda Center)

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
- Charles A. Beard
I am Curious ... From what I've read, MJ's estate is still worth a net of about $500 million. Yet he had filed for bankruptcy. How does this occur? Any accountants out there who can 'splain this to me?
And why can't his estate pay the cost of security in LA for this memorial service?

6 comments:

Pammie said...

Is that today?
I thought California was broke?
I thought MJ was broke?
How do broke people get money?....No really, that would be helpful to me right about now :)

Scott W said...

I hate LA enough as it is. Glad I am not there!

His estate is probably broke. His net worth would come from the music rights and the vast amount of unpublished recordings in his music vault. Plus, they probably could make that much off tee shirts alone. Today the tour promoters are supposed to be selling the tour tee shirts outside the Staple Center. Gross greed at its finest.

Syd said...

I'm not going or watching the service. It sounds like a media circus.
I like your list today--courage is a great thing.

Tall Kay said...

Dear Curious:

I am an accountant, and I don't understand either.

The circus is in town too (literally), and elephants will be marching thru the streets and competing for security.

Go ask Awnold...I'm sure he'll share his secrets of successful money management :)

Signed,
Grateful I won't be there either

Lou said...

The whole affair is sad on so many levels.
I did hear he has several CD's in the vault. I hope whoever gets the proceeds from those does not descend into the same kind of hell he did.

Zanejabbers said...

Daave, thanks for publishing my secret for my size. HEH HEH.