Monday, July 13, 2009

this may be the best-ever commercial








todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I woke up sober again this morning; no hangover, no blackout, no new enemies

that we all come from a different mold

that Mary Christine is back

for a little reminder from Scott about being silly - I always have been, so why stop now?

Speak when you're angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.
- Lawrence J. Peter


NOTE: With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment it is worth reflecting on the death of a very special person that went almost unnoticed last week.

Larry La Prise, the man who wrote the song “The Hokey Pokey” died peacefully at age 93.
The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.
They put his left leg in.
And then the trouble started.




11 comments:

Pammie said...

Seeing babies on asphalt makes my stomach hurt.
Hey, maybe we'll get some warm weather today!

Gin said...

Love that last quote. I have learned to hold my tongue because I have regretted every single one of my "speeches" when I was angry!

Scott W said...

I won't watch that awful video again. It creeps me out.

Don't blame your silliness on me, mister!

That Mr. La Prise notice is old news. Bwahahahahaha!!!

Lou said...

I had that video on my blog, and a mother commented her 5 year old watched it about 50 times!

It IS mesmerizing...

Mary Christine said...

Thanks Daave.

And imagine what could be accomplished in the world if the creative abilities of the people who did those babies were put to good use?

Syd said...

You have a great sense of humor. And it's evident from the blog today. And don't stop, please...

Tall Kay said...

The amazing thing for me, is how real those babies look. How do we ever trust anything we see again, when fantasy can look this real?

Findon said...

Brilliant as usual especialy the Hokey pokey man. Hey, thanks for the comment on my last post. You and the others have all helped me clarify a few things that needed seeing to. I'm getting there, as they say around here. Thanks Daave

Ed G. said...

My mind is not quite around the whole baby thing yet...

Many thanx...

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Did the Hokey Pokey guy really die recently?? Or is that some DAAve sense of humor thing?? I can't always tell... LOL

Zanejabbers said...

It's cute, it's wholesome, and it's obvious they are all sober.