HOW TO STAY AWAKE AT MEETINGS
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. 5”x 5” is a good size. Divide the card into columns, five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
· synergy * strategic fit * core competencies * best practice * bottom line * revisit * take that off-line * 24/7 * out of the loop * benchmark * value-added * pro-active * win-win * think outside the box * fast track * result-driven * empower (or empowerment) * knowledge base * at the end of the day * touch base * mind-set * client focus(ed) * paradigm * game plan * leverage and last but not least ...... * MOVING FORWARD
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout, “BULLSHIT!”
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful
for my part in carrying out Step 7
that I'm unique. Just like everyone else.
that I was reminded (from reading Boston's blog) that my thinking is so often flawed and that few things in life are as bad or as dangerous or as uncomfortable as I think they will be
that I am recognizing the fact that I just don't know how to be successful in a relationship; but I keep on trying
that I get to be a judge in a sober talent show this weekend @ Lambda Center
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- Christopher Robin to Pooh