Friday, July 24, 2009

Surprise ...



todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I don't need to look for any reason to drink. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will get better if I drink.

for integrity, which begins at home

that my friend, Mary Christine, celebrates 25 consecutive years of living without alcohol today!

that I can slow myself down when I'm under the weather; my instinct is to just keep attacking life

that I should have a nice weekend, punctuated by a speaker meeting in Austin tomorrow night (I get to be the speaker!)


To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another.
- Katherine Paterson

10 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Wish I could be in Austin tomorrow night... and that you could be in Denver tonight.

Gin said...

They should have had a Mercury or Yamaha engine. Have a great weekend dAAve and enjoy your speaker meeting!

big Jenn said...

Good morning Dave.jeNN

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Scott W said...

Oh, I hope you get to feeling better by tomorrow night!

Bill said...

You'll drive anywhere for an audience, won't you?

I'd start looking for a ticket to Austin, but I'm going to the beach tomorrow. I'll name a sand castle after you.

p.s. I've decided that 1953 was a beautiful model year for Cadillac. Would you please buy one of those next?

Syd said...

I am on slow today even though the weather is fine. Hope that you have a good day. Your weekend sounds good. I'm sure that the speaker meeting will be entertaining because of the speaker. I've heard that he is good.

Queenneenee said...

Good luck to you on your speaking commitment!

steveroni said...

Was tonight's speaker on de plane, or in de boat?

Anonymous said...

"for integity, which begins at home"

well said and just what i needed to hear.