Friday, September 05, 2008

1826



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I've been sober for 1826 days
that Hayden (my angel) shoved me into the rooms of AA in 2003
that my incomprehensible demoralization convinced me to accept a higher power into my life 1827 days ago
that I haven't had a blackout in more than 1826 days
that I've been an active member of Alcoholics Anonymous for 1826 days
that I haven't put myself in a position to have a DUI in 1826 days
that for 1826 days, I have had NO desire to drink or get drunk again
that I could go on and on, but I do this list just about every day, so if you want more, check my archives.

GRATITUDE

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
-- Christiane Northrup

"Develop an 'attitude of gratitude.' Say think you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you."
-- Brian Tracy

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."
-- Albert Schweitzer

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-- Melody Beattie


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm the first to wish you a Happy 5-yr Birthday!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on your 5 dAAve!!!! How great~~~~~

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

May you have many, many more dAAve...

Mary Christine said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Daave, Happy Birthday to you!
It has been a privilege to watch you for the last 3 years. Love, MC

Scott W said...

Did I hear a giant pop sound this morning?

Congratulations, friend!

Pammie said...

Happy Birthday dear 5yr old Dave.
Happy Birthday dear 5yr old Dave.
Happy Birthday dear DAVE
Happy 5 YEAR Birthday to YOU!!!!!

Syd said...

Many congratulations. I read you every day that I am near a computer. Thanks for providing that attitude of gratitude that helps me.

molly said...

congrats mr. 1826! happyhappyhappy birthday.

enjoyed the gratitude quotes.

have a great weekend on that birthday number 1826 cloud :)

Anonymous said...

Happy happy 5th soberversary -- you are such a great guy!

Smooch and a big hug

Mary

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy Bday, Buddy!

Princess Powerless said...

Congratulations, dAAve!

And thank you so much for the gratitude reminder.

Big hugs from Minnesota - PP

indistinct said...

happy birthday! Way to go.

Trailboss said...

Happy happy Birthday Dave!!! 5 years, how exciting!

Recovery Road London said...

:-)

**dave**

Anonymous said...

dAAve...DAILY I come to my computer in anxious anticipation (sounds like BS, but it ain't!) of your GRATITUDE list. And I'm never disappointed.

Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary, and thank you for being so patient with, and kind to, us 'new' Anonymous Bloggers.

Bill said...

One - at last, the sun
Two - you knew what to do
Three- it felt good to see
Four - you were ready for more
Five - you have to wait another year for a rhyme

I hope your pals take you to a chain restaurant where the servers wear matching outfits with lots of buttons pinned to their striped shirts and they all march out from the kitchen blowing horns and kazoos and banging pots & pans carrying a big honkin' birthday cake and the whole restaurant sings Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs and you have to get hugs from people you don't even know and you think "Damn, was it worth this Hell?" and then you think "Yeah, it was."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying Dave

Kathy Lynne said...

CongrAAtulAAtions on 5 yeAArs...wonderfull

peanut said...

Happy 5th AA Birthday, dAAve !!
I am very happy and proud of you.
Your new home lots wonderful !
Hang in there as you will always miss your Mom but, in time, it gets easier.

I love you, kathy

sojo said...

Five years; Daave! Congratulations! Keep coming back - I wanted to slow it down after 5, and I'm so grateful that I didn't.

Anonymous said...

dagnabit, i'm sorry for my lateness to the celebration! (prolly so i can stand out, from what i've learned on my inventories.)

happy FIVE to you dave, this makes my heart very glad. any amount of time we put together is no easy feet, and i'm very grateful you've shared your story along the way here.

you are awesome, inspiring, and amazing. so there.

Not God said...

Congratulification!

Anonymous said...

Many more happy returns of the day. Love you.
================
smith
Dui In California