Friday, September 19, 2008

It's very hot here






todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I've changed over the past 5 years, since I got sober

that there were about 55 guys in recovery at the 7am meeting yesterday morning here in Palm Springs; probably about 15 or so were visitors from out of town, just like us

that I'm not a newcomer to heat -- the temperature here in Palm Springs yesterday hit 100 degrees

for the entertainment provided by the Roundup committee -- last night we saw Jackie Beat, a drag artist, perform


Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
-William A. Ward

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Keep having a nice time...

J-Online said...

Enjoy your time in Palm Springs

Anonymous said...

I wonder who she is going to sue? Grocery store or panty manufacturer? Ain't it grand to hang out and party with a bunch of recovering alcoholics? So glad you are enjoying yourself!

Scott W said...

Are you sure that wasn't Wally?

Kathy Lynne said...

daave: I just started reading your blog on a regular basis after spending alot of time reading your comments...just wanted to say Thaanks!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I've notices changes in your since we met online a few years ago Dave.
It is all part of the progress we commit ourselves too :)
I am grateful you have shared here.

Enjoy your round up!

xo

Trailboss said...

Have fun davey!

Bill said...

Could you tell whether Jackie's panties were buzzing, or was the crowd too rowdy?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I've never been to Palm Springs...