Friday, September 12, 2008

I don't like Ike

"Imagine yourself a year from now, looking back on today. Imagine your future self being exceedingly thankful for the way you lived this day. Then step forward and live today with that in mind. Think, speak and act in such a way that the person you will become inherits many positive benefits from the person you are right now. Confidence, integrity, strength and effectiveness do not simply appear out of nowhere. They are built by the way you live your life. And now is your opportunity to live in a powerful, positive way that will benefit your life for a long time to come. Now is your chance to make your future self thankful for the empowering paths you choose to take.”

I think this is from Ralph Marston. Not sure.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous -- without them, AA would be just another set of initials

that Scott W chaired a meeting yesterday where we discussed honesty, humility and of course, gratitude

that my Houston Astros have won 14 of their last 15 games and are making a late season run at the playoffs

that I hope to be back tomorrow online, but this storm may have other ideas (I am going to try to publish my weekend jokes ahead of time, so they should show up even if I can't get online)

that the rest of you will possibly sign-up to be a follower of this blog (look at the top of my sidebar)

HABITS

"Habits are like comfortable beds; they are easy to get into, but difficult to get out of."
-- Denis Waitley

"Nothing needs reforming so much as other people's habits."
-- Mark Twain

"Good habits are as addictive as bad habits, and a lot more rewarding."
-- Harvey Mackay

"You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, 'I release the need for this in my life'."
-- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

12 comments:

Kathy Lynne said...

Stay safe

Syd said...

I'm concerned about Ike as I know that you are. The news has been saying that it's a terrible storm. I hope that you will be safe.

Anonymous said...

be safe, daave. stay dry if you can. my love to you and hayden.

J-Online said...

The storm is looking pretty bad. Stay safe! Sending lots of prayers your way!

Scott W said...

Thank you for that first quote. I needed to hear that right now. I am having some anxiety about this storm, but that is not what I want to remember.

If I don't see you at noon, stay safe.

Mary Christine said...

You are all in my prayers. Please stay as safe as you possibly can. XXXOOO, MC

Trailboss said...

I don't like Ike either Dave. Be safe.

Anonymous said...

OK. I release the need for Vanity and Pride in my life.


Darn, they're still HERE!

Anonymous said...

Prayer out to you as you weather the storm. I cut and pasted that Ralf Marston writting also, I am going to hang it where I can see it everyday.

Shannon said...

I am thinkin of you and all my Houston friends! Please stay safe

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Tough times don't last, but tough people do

We are there with you, in our own way. Thinking of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rE7t4vbJk

"Keep on the firing line of life with these MOTIVES and God WILL, (not might) keep you unharmed". p102

Pam Jarnagin said...

I love the quote you began with. Just what I needed to hear! Thanks for sharing it, dAAve!