Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The journey continuing ...



A couple of pictures of the deck being built in the backyard. It was completed a few days ago.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the miracles I see each day in the rooms of AA, and ...
I am one of them!

that I'm eating breakfast with my sponsor today

that I'm going to Palm Springs in 2 weeks for the AA Roundup; my sober friend Rodney is also going as is Hayden (although he is not in the program)

that I miss my mother -- the way I knew her for so many years

GOALS ...

"A person without a goal is like a ship without a rudder."
-- Denis Waitley

"Goals. There's no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there's no telling what will happen when you act upon them."
-- Jim Rohn

"If you want to reach a goal, you must 'see the reaching' in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal."
-- Zig Ziglar

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That deck is going to look really good one of these days! Is that an itty-bitty plant I see in the second pic?

You want lush tropical big green beasties with decking. Just a thought.

Love & hugs

Mary LA

Pammie said...

Breakfast with your sponsor sounds great....because there is going to be food involved. ;)

Princess Powerless said...

I can't wait to go to a roundup again! My mom has offered to fly me down to Texas annually since I got sober... I couldn't go this year, but I think she's going to fly me down in early 2009. I might even celebrate my sobriety date at a Texan roundup!

I know you miss your Mom... I wish I were there to give you a big hug, dAAve.

Mary Christine said...

You will have a wonderful time in Palm Springs.

Anonymous said...

i'm thinking of you as you miss your mom.

my love to you.

Scott W said...

I like Zig Ziglar, wonder if he knows the Zig Zag man.

Zanejabbers said...

Daave, missing your Mom is good. You had a great relationship with her.
Just think the end is near for those )*(&^(^ contractors.
Yeah, good ole Zid Ziglar.

J-Online said...

I love your goals today!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are going to have a very nice sanctuary to relax in. I liked the picture of the tulips too. Have a great time in Palm Springs. Godspeed!

Syd said...

I think that I'll always miss my mother. And I also miss my father too. I think it's the unconditional love that parents give.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

The nice thing about the way some of us miss our Moms the way we knew them is that her legacy is alive in us - because we did know her.I am still deeply touched by how much you shared with us when you stood by her side so long Dave.

Thanks for sharing :)

xo

Bill said...

I'm glad you are missing your mom, although that sounds weird. You can finally start remembering the way she really enjoyed living her life.