Monday, September 08, 2008

Here we go again





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a really, really good discussion meeting about H.A.L.T.
(ther were a few other words/initials added during the discussion; if we'd had another 6 hours for that meeting, we could have done the entire alphabet)

that I got to hear Bob R. tell his story of Experiences, Strength and Hope over the weekend @ Lambda

that my fresh attitude is working well (most of the time)

that we are finally nearing completion on home (re)construction -- it's now all outside, at least

an outdoor kitchen is being built and the landscaping should be complete by the middle of this week

that we begin the Hurricane drill once again starting today

Here are the two best prayers I know: 'Help me, help me, help me' and 'Thank you, thank you, thank you.'
-Anne Lamott


8 comments:

Pammie said...

"fresh attitude?"
I've always thought of you as "fresh".

Mary Christine said...

Hope the hurricane passes you by.

An outdoor kitchen? Can I come over and cook?

Scott W said...

I will stick with the last part of that prayer.

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for the hurricane to miss as well. Worked last time.

J-Online said...

I love outdoor kitchens. My Mom has one and it is divine!!!

Syd said...

I hope that Ike takes a hike far out into the Gulf.

Anonymous said...

Glad I don't live in Galveston--OR Houston, for that matter. I'm sending back to all you Houston guys those prayers which you so freely said for me, the past couple days.

This storm is no 'picture-on-a-blog-heading. It is REAL. Real big. Wish I could be there to help you board up, stock up food, batteries, gasoline, etc.

We have a brand new generator, three years old, never been used...but SOME day, we'll be glad for it.

"Please God, relieve them of all unnecessary ANXIETIES."

Zanejabbers said...

Out door kitchen is sort of strange for two people who don't cook. Now you have two reasons to learn. Hey, you quite smoking and drinking, so anything is possible.