Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back home

view from a Starbucks in downtown, Palm Springs, CA



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to realize better than ever that I am not socially comfortable in large groups of strangers

that, in fact, I am a social retard (imho)

for the fine folks at the Sunny Dunes gay recovery clubhouse in Palm Springs, CA
for an acronym of gay -- God Adores You

that I am organized enough to be at airports in plenty of time


Your three best doctors are faith, time, and patience.
-From a fortune cookie


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're posting again, daave!

Pammie said...

Love the acronym. So glad you had a good time. I'm like that too darlin', I don't really feel comfortable in a large group of strangers.

Mary Christine said...

I am not so sure about the social retard thing...

Scott W said...

So I reckon you made it back safe and sound. Or as sound as it gets for you!

Trailboss said...

Why Dave, I didn't know that you are gay.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Ugh.I hate big crowds too..they make me feel closed in and uncomfortable.I think that's one thing I noticed the most about not drinking anymore...is how awkward I can feel in those large social areas of life.But I am sure you were well behaved and didn't tell anyone off..right? lol

xo

Anonymous said...

I love that acronym! I cannot wait to tell my new sponsee! Thanks dAAve!

steveroni said...

Not comfortable in large groups of strangers...well, it would depend on if I knew them or not!

grin-a-roni

J-Online said...

Glad you are back. I agree...there is no place like home!