Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's about time ...




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for continuous, uninterupted sobriety

for a minor breakthrough in my thinking disorder(s); it's simply that for the past several months I have been overly defensive towards what I perceive as criticism and/or second guessing --- it has taken me about 8 months to get a handle on this, now it's time to take action, beginning with some step work with my sponsor

for outside help

that our electricity came back on at 10am yesterday after 10 days in the dark


Losers do what they want to do.
Winners do what they have to do.
~~ AA member at a meeting in Palm Springs



9 comments:

Pammie said...

Ahhhh so glad your home is up and running again.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you really are still powerless. LOL.

Mary Christine said...

I am so glad that you have your electricity back.

~Tyra~ said...

I love that quote. Glad you have electricity.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I can relate to that defensiveness thing too Dave.I've had to admit that I've also reacted that way for some time now..but I am not sure why yet..admitting it is the first step though..right?

xo

Anonymous said...

I like that quote there!

And good for you for working through that issue. 8 months is nothing in one's lifetime. There is no time limit on fixing things. It's out of our hands!

Syd said...

I'm glad that you have power. And that the lights are back on.

Zanejabbers said...

I've got a story to tell you about a roof, but then it's over your head. Badda bing - Badda boom.

Anonymous said...

glad you've not in the dark anymore, daave.