Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering





I haven't written about my newest acquisition. I've always been fascinated by cars, especially the 1950's and 60's autos which I grew up with. I bought this one a couple of months ago and it's now ready for the Houston streets.

It's a 1965 Buick Riviera. For those in the know, it has a 401 cubic inch Nailhead with 340 bhp and dual 4bbl carbueretors under the hood. The clock is the only thing that isn't working (yet).

My 1967 Thunderbird is now for sale. Any takers?


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'm willing to be responsible for my mistakes

for my lifetime hero, my high school track coach, who taught me about integrity

that I'm thankful and grateful
for the signifigance of today's date -- remember how it brought all of us together?

that we're about as ready and stocked up as we can be for Hurricane Ike.
(we ain't going anywhere and my hope is that if we have high winds, they will be from the east and/or south where we have the best protection in our home and newly landscaped yard)
The last really big hurricane (Carla) hit the greater Houston area on this date in 1961.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

13 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Nice car! Hope you stay safe through Ike - well, I hope Ike just goes away.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

wow, I did not know Carla was on 9/11.

Ike - 9/11
Carla 9/11
terrorism strike 9/11

thanks for the reminder. This is a lot to remeber in some moments of silence and meditation.

God Bless, I hope you and your new home will be safe.

kathy

Syd said...

Stay safe Dave. I will be glad when hurricane season is over. I like the car. I'm hankering for a 5.0 Mustang

Scott W said...

Sharp car! I don't know if I can ever be ready for this hurricane.

Trailboss said...

Take care of yourself Dave.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thinking about you guys with Ike....

Bill said...

How will you know when it's time for a meeting?

Anonymous said...

Welll, does the '67 T-Bird have a working clock?

Seriously, there's nothing we can do Saturday after midnight, except watch and pray. Stay safe.

molly said...

shore you can paste that paragraph.

i grew up on the coast of MS and went through my share of hurricanes. sounds like you are ready for it. i'll be thinking bout ya.

Zanejabbers said...

It looks so mujch better with the hubcaps on. To me that is the prettiest Riviera - EVER!Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope Ike takes a hike! I just looked in your toolbox, good stuff there! Thanks!

sojo said...

Daave, stay safe. All day today I've heard about Ike and I've thought of you and your new place and about Scott and his artwork. I pray you and all you love are safe and that Ike runs out of breath before he reaches you.

Lee said...

Been thinking about you the past couple of days. I hope you'll be alright!