Monday, September 22, 2008

goin' home



(left) the 2008 Hot n Dry Roundup logo

(right) the pool area before the evening banquet for the 890 attendees



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful



that I'm leaving Palm Springs this morning and heading home to Houston

for the fellowship that I encounter in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous

that the closing sobriety countdown at Hot n Dry had people with sobriety ranges from 3 days to 46 years

that I watched a little bit of the celebrations at Yankee Stadium on TV. It was the last day of play there before being replaced. Its operating dates were 1923-2008. 85 years. The same dates that my Mom operated.

that it's not too late for you to sign-up as a follower of this blog -- see the right-hand sidebar at the top

Happiness is the delicate balance between what one is and what one has.
-F. H. Denison

5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

It is always good to get back home. Have a safe trip.

Scott W said...

Nothing like your own bed. I am jonesing for mine.

I have 5 followers, they are the ones that figured it out.

Anonymous said...

I love sobriety countdowns!

johno said...

all looks like fun!!!!!!

Syd said...

It sounds like you had a great time. There's nothing like going home though. Hope that the power is back and all is going well in Houston.