Monday, September 01, 2008

no Labor today




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I got to see 32 recovering alcoholics celebrate a total of 399 years of living a sober life
(Saturday night @ Lambda Center)

that someone shared about the practice of Step 10 as a combination of working steps 4-9 each and every day

to realize that I'm growing in my recovery, even if it's not as quickly as I might have imagined

that it appears that Hurricane Gustav will bypass the Houston area; we get lucky once again

that I was invited to a baseball game yesterday and got to sit 5 rows behind home plate in the whoop-dee-doo rich man's section, just behind the Presidential seats where George 41 and Babs sit

that Jerry Falwell isn't still around espousing his own brand of hatred

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
~~ dunno who said this first

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Whoop-dee-doo! Hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

neat-o mosquito.

Scott W said...

Wow. That's some storm.

Anonymous said...

Yep, God always seems to replace what HE takes, with something better. With me, He still has some big ones to take...and I shudder to think with what He will replace them...is that lack of Faith? No! It is lack of trust? Yes!
Steve E.

Pammie said...

coming by to say hi.
go astros!

J-Online said...

It appears all the Houston Bloggers go to Lambda. I'm missing out!

Bill said...

Should I focus on the next 24 hours, or 399 years?

Zanejabbers said...

It seems to me that when he taketh, I get something better if I open my mind to it. It's those hidden blessings that I love.

Syd said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the old ball game. There is no way to reason with hurricane season so I'll not even try that.