Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Growth?



a Texas BBQ grill


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a meeting where I was reminded that when I am upset or angry, there's something wrong with me. I always want somebody else to blame. I really must remember how to respond to situations that are uncomfortable or that tend to upset me.

for progress in several areas of my life

that I know I have soooooooooooo much more to learn -- about me and my relations with the rest of the world

that Hurricane Ike appears to be headed well south of the Houston area

GROWTH

"But as I look back at my life, it is easy to see that the times when my wisdom and understanding grew to new levels; those times when I approached becoming the person I long to be; it was always the times that followed negative circumstances."
-- Vic Johnson

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."
-- Karen Kaiser Clark

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming."
-- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be."
-- May Sarton

8 comments:

Pammie said...

growth-ouch, I dont' care much for it.

Scott W said...

Hey, I am stalking you now.

Syd said...

That's some barbecue grill. And I know that when I'm upset, I need to inventory my feelings. Most of the time, it's my fear getting in the way.

Mary Christine said...

I just had some barbeque that my gut feels like came from that gun.

Recovery Road London said...

**INSERT '..is that a gun in your pocket?' / 'pleased to see me' routine**

Love the new big pic (or have I just missed it with my dodgy eyes?). Like the lightning and the colours.

Hope you're well today. Thinking of you.

Zanejabbers said...

FEAR? Yeah, thats the ticket.

Anonymous said...

B-B-Q: "Shot From Guns!"

Growth: Shot from 12 Steps!

Anonymous said...

Does the trigger work?