Tuesday, February 16, 2010

gifts, sacrifices and changes

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a heavy solid steel booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling, and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Case Closed!



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


that my sobriety is not on loan. It's a gift and I don't have to give it back.

for the sacrifices a few people made to continue to be my friend as I was hitting my alcoholic bottom

for the changes that occur in my life just as a result from not drinking

that I get to substitute-chair the noon meeting today


It takes courage to show your dreams to someone else.
- Erma Bombeck

10 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Nice chatting with you this morning. Have a great meeting.

Pammie said...

I love this post Dave.

Garykfc said...

Have you suggested that to the airlines and government? I hope the box is self cleaning, I wouldn't want to step into it after a person exploded.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

And the thought I had was I wonder if they could make the box of some kind of explosive proof plexi or something you can see through.

That's not weird is it, well yeah, it prolly is. :oP

Scott W said...

What if you have an explosive personality?

Tall Kay said...

Brilliant idea! It sounds like you're going to have a really good day!

Syd said...

I would like to be there to see you substitute for a chair.

Bill said...

that my sobriety is not on loan. It's a gift and I don't have to give it back.

I'm loving this all over the place.
It's also rude to give back a gift, at least according to my mom.

Unknown said...

I like your post today too. :-D

namaste

Anonymous said...

amen on the full body scanners. i heard a small bit today on the radio in a store that they suspect female suicide bombers with exploding boob implants will be on the rise. i couldn't stop laughing.