Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WED



Dog For Sale


Free to good home. Excellent guard dog.
Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore,
as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.
Most of them knew him as 'Holy Shit.'


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for those who feel comfortable enough to confide in me and those with whom I can talk to freely

that I don't bring negativity to an AA meeting; those who do, show me how far I've come

for the fellowship after the meeting

that a close friend has made it back to the rooms of AA after another relapse.

that Jeremy (Half Measures Availed Us Nothing) celebrated his 100th post on his blog yesterday with an incredible gratitude list. CLICK HERE to see it.


It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I learned the difference between sight and vision. I am happy for Jeremy and off to see his list. This has been a great morning to read blogs...hope, gratitude, serenity, experience. I am prepared for the day.

namaste

Mary Christine said...

Please tell me that dog was photoshopped.... that dog would be called "load in my pants" by me.

Garykfc said...

Hi Dave, have a wonderful day

Scott W said...

Glad she made it back. I bet that big dog chased her the whole time!

Syd said...

Fellowship after the meeting is good. We even enjoyed our group conscience meeting last night. Have a good day but watch out for Holy Shit.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy day, DAAve!

Garnet said...

That dog boggles my mind. Is the perspective wrong? Has it been photoshopped? Do I have the serenity to accept it?

Nice list of gratitudes. I like your mix of humor and happiness.

jeff said...

you're an inspiration man! thanks for your comments!

Ed G. said...

My brother-in-law used to have one of those dogs. They're pretty amazing - saw him both mean and gentle. His biggest danger though was that, if he liked you (or not), he might drool on you and that was like being slimed by a slime monster - think the grossest thing an animal ever did to you x100. One time he stood on my foot and leaned into me and I thought he'd broken it.
Thanx for the link to the 100 list.
Blessings and aloha...