Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Watch your butts



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

we read "Empty on the Inside", an AA story in the 4th edition of the Big Book. I really identify with the author when she writes about never acquiring social and conversational skills. I still don't know how to have a conversation with someone I don't know. I'm afraid to.

for the people who made me feel welcome to the rooms of AA when I first started going to meetings

for a first -- all 3 of my current sponsees were at the same meeting as I
(that was weird because they all have very different schedules)

that I have not been to my favorite watering hole since June 2004 (I wuz 9 months sober)

that I do my best to show respect for others; I see a lot of disrespect and it's very ugly


He deserves paradise who can make his companions laugh.
- The Qur'an

14 comments:

Carol said...

Thank you for your post.

Pammie said...

I felt kind of relieved when I saw my favorite watering hole torn down. I was a little over a year sober.

Garykfc said...

I'm love your kindess I see everytime I see you.

Mary Christine said...

Hey, according to the Qur'an, I shall see you in paradise.

Bill said...

I did, I did! About an hour ago!
Oh, at first glance I thought today's post was titled "Wash Your Butts."

Both of my parents could strike up a conversation with anyone in a quiet, friendly way. Either one of them could be standing in line with a stranger, and end up being invited to their summer home by the time they reached the cashier.

Unknown said...

I have problems in social situations too. I have accepted that as just part of who I am. I let others be the social butterflies. I am content to be the caterpillar for now!

Namaste

Scott W said...

Dave, it's Wednesday!

Tall Kay said...

They started an AA meeting upstairs above the bar in one of my old hang-outs. Same people doing the same thing on the same barstools are always surprised to see me and can't believe it's been over 5 years since I was sitting next to them! Their lives haven't changed...

Ed G. said...

You do deserve paradise.

Thank you.

Blessings and aloha...

Queenneenee said...

very important to make people welcome at meetings. I was just speaking on that last night. Good day Daave!!

Carverlane said...

Dear dAAve,

I am loving these signs!
I hope you have a lot more.

Kim from sAn Antonio

JeremyRT said...

I think paradise is in store for you - you always leave me smiling!

Syd said...

Dave, I read some things here that I needed to read today. Thanks.

Shannon said...

disrespect is ugly