Monday, February 01, 2010

The Total Entertainment Package


A 1961 Lincoln Continental Presidential convertible allegedly used by President Kennedy. It still has the special radio equipment under the dashboard and a telephone in the back seat area.

This was one of the autos on display in the classics section of the 2010 Houston Auto Show this past weekend.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that someone whose recovery I much admire made a point of emphasizing that the Big Book says we "claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection." Many people seem to remove the word "spiritual" from that phrase. They then use this as a reason or excuse to do less than their best. Am I wrong to point this out?

that we celebrate sober birthdays on the last Saturday of each month at Lambda Center. January saw 39 celebrants with a total of 527 years of sobriety. It was amazing to be around all that recovery.

that I can accept the fact that the world sometimes seems to be passing me by -- I say this after watching the Grammy Awards last night. I'm not familiar with many of the performers or songs.

that I had a good time at the Auto Show with a recovery friend

that title of this blog is one of my phavorite frases (I think I coined it several years ago)

We cannot hold a torch to light another persons path without brightening our own.
- Ben Sweetland

9 comments:

Garykfc said...

Dave, I happened to use the phrase from Progress not perfection this morning in my blog. And yes, I did leave out spiritual. I think it was more about me, in my gratitude list, but I think you had it in your blog to point it out to me by something greater than ourselves! Have a great day.

Mary Christine said...

The world can pass me right by too.

Ed G. said...

Not wrong.

Blessings and aloha...

Unknown said...

I can only imagine the people, families, friends, and co-workers whose lives have been forever altered by 527 years of sobriety. My brain can not even grasp it. Wow.

namaste

Scott W said...

I totally agree with you about the use of progress and not perfection. It's a fine line.

Scott M. Frey said...

One oversight that bums me out when I hear it is when people refer to the "spiritual aspect" of our program.

The program is spiritual in it's entirety, through and through.

Lou said...

That car normally stays at Greenfield Village in Detroit. BTW, that is a wonderful attraction that would really enjoy.

Syd said...

The world seems to be passing many people by. I do not recognize most modern music. I used to think that really dated my parents. I am where they were.

Bill said...

OMG YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER OLD CAR!!!
It's real purty, but you ruint it with that de-cal on the door.