Thursday, February 11, 2010

Powerless tools












todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the recovery and spiritual tools I've been so freely given, including (but not limited to) restraint of tongue and pen

to know for a fact that my perceptions so often have little or nothing to do with reality

that I can sometimes say the right thing without even thinking about it; it's my recovery at work


The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
- Abraham Lincoln


8 comments:

Pammie said...

We must share the same perception!

Mary Christine said...

What is that thing?

Unknown said...

My perceptions can be a bugger. I am glad I run them through my tools, the steps and my HP...usually...

Namaste

Scott W said...

I love it when recovery takes over.

Lou said...

I thought I was the only one whose perceptions had nothing to do with reality. Looks like I'm in good company;)

Garykfc said...

Hey Dave, have a great day and stay warm.

Syd said...

I like the restraint of tongue and pen passage in the Big Book. I don't like it when the tongue wags because of some slight that I have perceived.
Scary piece of machinery--War of the Worlds?

Anonymous said...

texandave.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.