Monday, February 15, 2010

sobriety and serenity




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


that my Valentine returned from 3 weeks in California just in time for a nice weekend

for the fun and fellowship many of us had participating in another Lambda fundraiser; our annual Mardi Gras Parade and we raised about $1300 for the Center

someone asked me yesterday how I remain so serene. I automatically started rattling off some of the tools I've learned over the past 6 years. He said something like, "So that stuff really works?"

You wake up in the morning, and your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of unmanufactured tissue of the universe of your life! It is yours. It is the most precious of possessions. No one can take it from you. And no one receives either more or less than you receive.
- Dr. Thomas Arnold Bennett


12 comments:

Lou said...

I get asked all the time if this "stuff" works. Weird, huh?

Scott W said...

I didn't know you could climb walls!

Garykfc said...

I didn't realize I had a magic purse, but I'm going to take advantage of carrying it. Have a great day.

Tall Kay said...

A parade for a good cause...sounds like a wonderful day.

Syd said...

Glad that you had a good Valentine's Day. I find that my days are more and more serene, even when things around me often aren't.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Scott, I think that's his valentine on the wall!

Ed G. said...

I'ma thinkin that guy's got a serious case of bad thinkin. I sortta hope he goes for the balcony though.

Blessings and aloha...

Bill said...

I'll bet that photo was taken when you lived abroad.
The quotation about the purse has me thinking of Tinky-Winky.

The Turning Point said...

At it again. glad to see you kept your cool and got down okay.
It must work.

Jf

Mary Christine said...

Tinky Winky. That's funny. That guy, however is in a bad situation that I bet he thought was a good one not long before.

Carol said...

OOh I like that Dr Bennet quote. How could we ask for a better deal than that?

Unknown said...

My sons will nail me on my alanon "stuff". I tell them they will get it by osmosis, eventually!

Namaste