Friday, February 05, 2010

rationalizing



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I've been sober for 2345 consecutive days

that it's getting harder and harder to justify/rationalize to be less than I can be

that I can't justify/rationalize suspending my goal of being the best I can be just so I can teach somebody a lesson; that may sound silly, but it's been a lifelong pasttime of mine

for the companionship of my cats

that I'm not a Toyota owner/driver or stockholder

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.
~~ Oscar Wilde


8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Every time I get really steamed up about my VW, I think about the Toyota situation and suddenly there is proportion. So sad. Have a good day David.

Garykfc said...

Oh yes, the drinkin an drugin and I'll teach them trick. Not so good.

Pammie said...

Can Theo borrow your cats? He's been kinda down lately.

Scott W said...

I guess if I painted portraits I would be concerned you might see too much of me.

Ed G. said...

Congrats on today.

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

My cats were on my back last night--literally. They are funny animals.

Unknown said...

I understand about the justifying stuff in order to teach a lesson. Yes, I am that nuts. It makes sense in my head. I don't listen to that part of my head much anymore thanks to Alanon.

namaste

Trailboss said...

At my Mom's funeral I heard Mrs. Douglas (she was in her 90's at the time) say the exact same thing. It was pricelsss.