Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic recovery


This is NOT Olympic snorkeling.
But it's thought that alcohol may have been involved.


todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I don't know what great things might happen today nor what terrible things may happen, but I DO know I won't need to have a drink, regardless

for the sharing of personal moments by friends in recovery

that I have friends - LOL

that my Al Anon program (such that it is) has allowed my relationship with my partner to become much more serene (at least, for me)

"Just living isn't enough," said the butterfly, "one must also have freedom, sunshine, and a little flower."
- Hans Christian Anderson


11 comments:

Garykfc said...

You are an amazing friend to know. Thank you.

Scott W said...

I am grateful you didn't write IRregardless.

Tall Kay said...

Winter Olympic naked snorkling! Now that's a competition that would have people watching! LOL

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

LoL@picture..

Nice post today Dave.
I read an Al-Anon book daily
and it's helped me with virtually all of my relationships with people in my life..

Thanks for sharing..xo

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Do you think they have a shrinkage judge?

Scott W said...

LOL @ Jess!

Shrinkage, Jerry, shrinkage!

Syd said...

That would be a great Half Naked Thursday photo. LOL for what Jess asked.

Mary Christine said...

I think that would qualify more for a fully naked friday photo.

Scott M. Frey said...

shrinkage, exactly lol yikes!

Unknown said...

My guess is that naked guy is in a fraternity at Florida State and they went to Boone NC for the weekend. Ask me how I know this. :;sigh::

namaste

steveroni said...

C'mon, is that the latest John Deer snow plow? Or rather "Dear John"???

BIG LOL's to all the above comments.

Reminds me, I'm snowed under with work this weekend!