Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sober -- another day



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for those who step up to the plate; home runs are optional

for a wonderful discussion of Step 9. I (once again) shared how I was propelled into the next level of recovery upon completion of this step in my first year of sobriety

to know that if I can stay sober in AA, I can stay sober anywhere!

that my chances of living are much greater today than 6 1/2 years ago; had I not stopped drinking I was gonna die!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
- Winston Churchill

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I'm glad you didn't die Dave.

Garykfc said...

I am so glad you figured out you had options 6.5 years ago.

Scott W said...

I thought it was football season.

Syd said...

I'm glad that you are right here where you are supposed to be.

Shannon said...

I like this post, and I mean that.

Bill said...

Getting another chance at life is incredible, isn't it? I'm glad that our Higher Power was doing for us what we could not do for ourselves, even in those dark days.

Ed G. said...

...and, I hope the next 6.5 years provide even more evidence of the wisdom of this course...

Blessings and aloha...

Unknown said...

I'm remaining seated. Isn't there an encore??

Namaste