Tuesday, February 23, 2010

just between you and me ...




Gary passed along this award to me and a few others. I'm supposed to list 7 facts about myself. Actually, I have a list of 100 things about myself, linked on my sidebar. Check it out when you have time.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


that I had a spiritual awakening just when I needed it; I didn't even think they existed

for new habits

that I rarely need to look for loopholes

that I enjoy being of service in a variety of ways. For decades (before I was sober), my mother suggested and encouraged me to do volunteer work. I always declined under the pretense that I didn't have the time or desire. My, how times have changed!


Each day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
- Charles Swindoll


7 comments:

Garykfc said...

Your Mom knew you had it in you!

Mary Christine said...

It's a good thing.

Scott W said...

My, how YOU have changed!

Unknown said...

Moms know...it is just getting the kids to follow along with the program that is hard. Alanon is full of us!

Namaste

Tall Kay said...

Mom's always know best! :o)

Love the quote today.

Syd said...

I was not encouraged to do volunteer work but started doing it long before Al-Anon on my own. I did a lot of stuff at the homeless shelter, somehow feeling that connection to the "lost" people. Now I stay busy with service work in a healthy way.

Kathy M. said...

Congrats on your award. I did check out your 100 things. And I noticed "Desiderata" right above it. I love that poem.