Wednesday, February 24, 2010

observations



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the concept of restraint of tongue and pen

to see first-hand that many years of sobriety DO NOT necessarily equal good recovery; I need to know this so that I stay focused and continue to practice these principles in ALL my affairs

that I can take a nap in the afternon and when I wake up, I know that it's still afternoon. In my past (drinking) life, I would have wondered if it was morning.

that I speak the English language better than most journalists; many of them absolutely amaze me with their ignorance

Life is overflowing with the new. But it is necessary to empty out the old to make room for the new to enter.
- Eileen Caddy


7 comments:

Pammie said...

I remember that confused "what day is this?" awakenings.
That never happens anymore!

Garykfc said...

I've noticed that good recovery and years don't always go hand in hand. Have a great day Dave.

Unknown said...

My mother and grandmother were English teachers. It drives me crazy to hear it butchered on television. I might have been a loony-toon before Alanon but at least I could bitch, moan, whine and complain using good grammar. :-D

namaste

Scott W said...

Don't EVEN get me started on grammar. Seem no one cares about it any longer.

We have so many examples of why it is necessary to stay spiritually healthy as the years go by. I am grateful God lets me be aware by observing what I do not want in recovery.

Ed G. said...

I love the picture. When I made the call, I spent 5 minutes getting through "... if your emergency is on a bridge, please say or press one ... if you're alone, please say or press zero ..." and then was placed on hold for 10 minutes before the call was dropped. Yeah, I just thought it was a bad day.

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

I'm glad that others appreciate the English language and its nuances. My mother was a stickler.

JeremyRT said...

I love that last quote - Thanks!