Friday, February 26, 2010

Thanks, Scott W.


Who knew?


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

even though AA and getting sober was not originally my first choice, it sure was the right choice

that tomorrow night we will celebrate the sobriety anniversaries of about 25 people in recovery; 2 of them are my sponsees (one with 1 year and one with 2 years)

for my friend, Scott W., who was my driving inspiration to begin blogging, some 5 years and 3 months ago. We have both been at it daily since then, but Scott has decided to stop for now. Maybe he'll resume at some point, maybe not. Whether he does or not, he can never know how much his writing, his appreciation of sobriety and recovery and his gratitude have meant to me. Selfishly, I can tell you that I will still get to see him just about every day as we attend many of the same meetings and events and occasionally share lunch and/or dinner together. (btw - that is Scott in the picture, some 3 decades ago LOL)

for the last 2 days of beautiful weather


We aren't what we ought to be. We aren't what we're going to be. We aren't what we want to be. But, thank God, we aren't what we were.
~~ unknown

11 comments:

Garykfc said...

Scott's W is why I started to blog too! Have a great day Dave.

Mary Christine said...

Your friendship with Scott is really a beautiful thing. And very entertaining too. You guys are funny!

I am sad to see Scott leave, but totally respect his decision.

Syd said...

I am going to miss Scott for sure. Both of you have been there from the start. I have learned much from reading both yours and Scott's blogs.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) So glad you're here sharing this journey!

Lou said...

Scott W looks the same...LOL!

Ed G. said...

I would have guessed that it was Scott W. (but only because you put his name above his head). I'm sorry he has left this community for now and hope he comes back someday.

Thanks for your homage of him and thanx for being a part of this community.

Blessings and aloha...

Bill said...

Scott's helped more people than we'll know with his gratitude blog. He sure helped me develop the gratitude habit!
Now, about that picture...
Where in the heck was this taken? It looks like a bathroom sink, but apparently they wash dishes there, too. I'd say it's a beauty parlor, but there's a toothbrush hanging above the sink. It's unusual, though, to have an ugly wall phone in a residential bathroom.
The hip-huggers & wide belt show off his flat tummy nicely.

Mary LA said...

I'd kill for hips like Scott's. I am going to miss his blog so much.

garden-variety drunk said...

what a great pic and great quote. if i'm ever in texas, i would love to hit up a meeting with you and scott. somehow i think that my cheeks would ache from all the laughter : )

Pammie said...

I think he borrowed that belt from me.
I'm glad Scott is just a hop skip and jump away from my house.

Unknown said...

I had the same hairstyle..and a pic in his backpocket like I did.

You both have helped my days begin in a better way.

Namaste