Friday, December 04, 2009

aim high



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for all the little tools in my recovery tool box

for my 3 AA meetings Friday's (that's terrible grammar, but so what)

that we're gonna see some wintry weather later today -- this may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but down here on the Gulf Coast, we rarely see snow or ice. It will be hilarious to see the news stories of people trying to drive with snow on their windscreens and trying to do other things that people from northern climes take for granted.

for the 20'x20' tarp that I have covered a lot of my expensive, tender, tropical landscaping with


Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden


6 comments:

Scott W said...

Your AA meeting's what? The apostrophe makes it possessive. Or maybe it is something belonging to Friday? I am confused.

Mary Christine said...

I have to agree with Scott. In anyone else's blog, I would understand, but you never misplace an apostrophe. Oh well, it is Friday, and I hope you have a good one. And I hope you save your beautiful plants.

Syd said...

Dave, I knew what you meant: 3 AA meetings on Fridays. Right?
Have a good day and enjoy a bit of winter.

dAAve said...

You got it, Syd!

Go to the head of the class.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hope u survived your blizzard's'

steveroni said...

Man I couldn't believe it--snow in Houston in early December. Think Naples is next?