Friday, December 25, 2009

Feliz Navidad

“In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukka' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukka!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!'”
Dave Barry


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for my 7th consecutive holiday season without drinking alcohol -- this is so different than the "good old days" when I would stay as f***ked up as possible.

that my Mom has been on my mind a lot during the past week -- she died in August 2008, so it's still seems a little different that she's not here during Christmas. I'm OK with that though. I talked to her last night about that for a short time.

for the many and varied friendships I have made since stopping drinking

for the new line of thinking being offered to me in my Al Anon program


Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's life.
- Kobi Yamada

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Merry Christmas David.

Scott W said...

Merry Christmas, Dave. I love you.

MonsieurMonsieur said...

Merry Christmas David.

Ed G. said...

Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

It felt that I hardly had any XMAS cards to send out this year, my older sister passed away July08, my mother is with me and my remaining sister and I have been speaking several times a week so I didn't send her a card. I have to keep welcoming people into my life because there are always going to be losses. It is always about me . . .

Syd said...

I hope you had a good day.