Tuesday, December 01, 2009

World Aids Day 2009


I know many people who are living with HIV/AIDS. Some of them have been infected for over 20 years. This is no accident. It's taken countless dollars of research and many have died while waiting for a cure. I have also lost over 40 personal friends to this disease.
If you have time, explore THIS website.

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I have remained HIV negative, even after decades of irresponsible behavior

that doing my best is good enough for me; if it's not good enough for you, call your sponsor

for the lessons I can learn just by watching others

that my significant other will be home in just 5 days (it's been 6 long months)

that it would appear that winter has finally arrived here in Houston; we've been patiently waiting


To admit you were wrong is to declare you are wiser now than before.
- Unknown

9 comments:

Mary LA said...

We remmeber too here in South Africa. Thanks for the reminder of another terrible illness.

Pammie said...

I strive for a place where my best is good enough for me.
He's been gone way to long!
Thanks for the reminder of World Aids Day...I will be very mindful of this.

Mary Christine said...

I am so glad to hear he is coming home.

I will remember my friends lost to AIDS today.

Scott W said...

I, too, somehow survived unscathed by the AIDS virus. Guess that is how it was meant to be, and I am grateful I don't feel any guilt about that.

Shannon said...

I am glad he is coming home! :)

Tall Kay said...

Sounds like it's going to be a really good day! Thank you for the reminder that we still haven't found a cure for AIDS.

Syd said...

I lost a friend many years ago who was among the first in this country to get the disease. Glad that Hayden is coming home.

steveroni said...

Briefly I went to www.worldaidsday, and liked Gary's words: "I don't suffer with HIV, I live with it."

Have a great Sunday dinner with H?

leah said...

i think my husband must've come up with that last quote b/c he's never wrong.

glad your love is returning home, very exciting!