Wednesday, December 02, 2009

the end of the tunnel




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my life has taken on a new meaning when I look at where I was 6 years ago, 3 years ago, 1 year ago and even last week

that I have frequent contact with newcomers

for a rather emotional AA meeting about which we spoke of the grief of losing so many friends to AIDS (yesterday was World Aids Day)

that no matter what happens in my life or to those I know, I don't need to drink over it

that I actually worked out twice yesterday at the gym -- at 8am and 5pm but the 2nd time I didn't last very long (but my best effort was there)

Fortune and love befriend the bold.
- Ovid


9 comments:

Pammie said...

Perhaps a nice nap instead of a second work out?

Garykfc said...

Thanks for being you Dave, you are a great example of possitive change.

Scott M. Frey said...

lol, funny pic...

Mary Christine said...

Were you really trying to work out 2X in one day?

Scott W said...

Look out, y'all. Dave's gettin' healthy!

Or were you preparing for Hayden's return?

Syd said...

I am sure that must have been an emotional meeting. Glad that you are there for newcomers.

Tall Kay said...

Trying to lose 5 lbs in 4 days? Don't hurt yourself! :o)

steveroni said...

That picture so funny even *I* get it. Your rain is finally going to arrive here tonight. I could have WALKED from Houston faster...

Boston Brand said...

Those Los Angeles drug rehab programs...

Working out twice in one day? Solid work, mah boy. Boston Brand is impressed!