Thursday, December 03, 2009

Powerless?



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

it only gets better (and better, and better ...)

that my friend Gary B. from Los Angeles visited us again this Thanksgiving and was able to tell his AA story of Experience, Strength and Hope yesterday before he returns home

for the not-so-comfortable memoreis that working Step 1 can bring up

that I don't regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it; memories of my past are what helps keep me willing to stay sober today

Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
- Socrates


3 comments:

Scott W said...

Socrates was smart, and that was a long, long time ago!

Syd said...

I see how uncomfortable those memories can be for some. I don't regret the past either. I inspect it like it is some weird insect. Interesting but not something that I have to examine forever.

Tall Kay said...

Lest we ever forget 'what it was like'. There is a reason we need to be reminded of Step 1.

Loved your comment yesterday...you have a funny sense of humor!