Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas quotes

“The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.”
Joan Rivers

“Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.”
Johnny Carson

“Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.”
Dave Barry

“I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.”
Shirley Temple

“What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.”
Anonymous

“Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered. What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.”
Phyllis Diller

“The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.”
Jay Leno

“Why is Christmas just like a day at the office? You do all the work and the fat guy with the suit gets all the credit.”
Anonymous

8 comments:

Pammie said...

I love the Shirley Temple quote and I relate to the Phyllis diller one. Wish it was the other way around.

Scott W said...

That's just silly. Rhinoceros cannot fly!

Syd said...

LOL with these. The one fr Joan Rivers crackse up.

Unknown said...

When I lived in Miami in the 80s, Dave Barry was the brightest spot on the Miami Herald. Loved the quotes and smiles.

Namaste

Scott M. Frey said...

lol my son is "claustrophobic," I think

Mary Christine said...

Oh, poor Shirley Temple. I hope they fired that Santa.

Ed G. said...

Loved this. Thanx.

Blessings and aloha...

Carverlane said...

Those were great!