Monday, December 14, 2009

some things are not as they seem


"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."

(this was sent to me; it's not my actual experience)

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the seemingly endless numbers of fellow humans who show me the the right paths to take, and the wrong paths to stay away from

for so many chances to be me

for the courage I see in others which inspires me to be true to myself

that we went to a little Christmas party at a new 7500 sq ft home; Scott W has pictures hanging there!

for the gift of 4 free tickets to see our Houston Texans (NFL); it was the first time I've seen a football game sober and the first-ever games for Hayden and his visiting brother

There is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me.
- Thomas Jefferson

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I used to love to go to NFL games - and never went before I got sober.

Scott W said...

I have read and reread that quote and I must say I don't understand.

RoughTexas said...

Like the pic. tee hee.

Syd said...

TJ found the new shoots of grass interesting. What kind of grass??? I've never stared at shoots of grass for very long.

Carol said...

Thanks for your comments, I have to get my blogroll back together and make sure that you are there.

Zanejabbers said...

The quote from Jefferson explains a lot about him and his families.