Thursday, June 14, 2012

Careful now ........




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my drinking obsession that lasted for 33+ years was removed from me just before I gave up

that someone in the program told me not to give up 5 minutes before the miracle

that I was able to pass those two things along to a sponsee who is doubting his ability to keep trying to stay sober 

for The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous


We deem those happy, who from the experience of life have learnt to bear its ills without being overcome by them.
- Carl Jung


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think in my whole life the single most miraculous thing that ever happened was that my obsession to drink was removed. I didn't "work" it away. It was simply removed. Thank God.

Syd said...

I've heard of that miracle with other alcoholics. Life is full of miracles and every day that we are alive and well is truly a miracle.