Monday, June 25, 2012

change




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'm blessed with another sober day in front of me

that my life as a sober man seems so much more complete

for this memory -- someone shared how they thought they would always have to get drunk every day.  For the rest of their life.  I sooooooooooo identified with this.  I remember thinking this countless times for 3 decades.  It was just my fate in life that I would live until drinking killed me.

for an ever-changing mind in an ever-changing world



What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matter compared to what lies within us.
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I was talking about my drinking yesterday with someone who is not in AA and never saw me drink. Her eyes kept getting wider and wider. And I thought "Wow! I really don't do that anymore!" What a miracle!

Syd said...

Whew, man, I'm glad that you are right where you are today.
Dave, I bet you know all this stuff in the Sea School course.