Monday, June 18, 2012

here we go. again.




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a peaceful, easy weekend

that I no longer do things that I have to hide or lie about;  this really provides a lot of freedom I didn't know about until I got sober at 49 years of age

that I have a very healthy fear of 2-wheel vehicles.  One of my bestest friends had a scooter accident this weekend and now has a badly fractured elbow.  It seems so avoidable.  Since I was a kid, I have refused to ride on motorcycles and such.  Of course, I have a 1961 Volkswagen Beetle that doesn't even have seat belts.  Maybe I better just shut up.


Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself.
You will then find out how easy it is to get along.

- Paramahansa Yogananda



2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I don't much like the 2 wheel vehicles either, although in my younger years I spent a bit of time on the back of a Harley. Wow. That sounds crazy, but it is true.

And who knew Johnny Depp was a philosopher as well as a hottie.

Syd said...

I haven't ridden a motorcycle in a long time. I think I am past that phase of my life.