Friday, June 08, 2012

Step Twelve










todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Step Twelve and the AA literature that talks about it.

"When a man or woman has a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able to do, feel, and believe that which he could not do before on his unaided strength and resources alone.  He has been granted an gift which amounts to a new state of consciousness and being."

That is very true in my experience.  My first spiritual awakening was the total removal of the obsession to drink alcohol.  I'm still friggin' amazed.

"Even the newest of newcomers finds undreamed rewards as he tries to help his brother alcoholic, the one who is even blinder than he."

Every time I work with another alkie.  Without fail.

Have a GREAT weekend!!


"If you want something done, ask a busy person."
~~ Benjamin Franklin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working with others has been one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had.

Anonymous said...

Working with others has been one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had.

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you that working with others has been one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had? Apparently I can't say it enough!

Pammie said...

I love the clock...now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Pammie said...

It's stylish to leave more than one comment here....so I will.
Hey, I love that clock.

Syd said...

I am just leaving one comment--glad that you are where you are today. You rock, man.