Wednesday, June 27, 2012

just words


I took this picture Monday evening while waiting for my partners' flight to arrive.  I was parked in a viewing area just a couple of hundred feet from the end of a runway.  
This plane is a Russian Antonov 124.  It's one of the largest aircraft ever built.




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the concepts of balance and moderation.  Someday, I hope to visit those regions.

for awareness of my skewed perceptions

that every now and then, I prefer to live now rather than then

that even though I don't have much to write about this morning, I'm sober and really happy about that.


Never mistake motion for action.
~Ernest Hemingway

4 comments:

Pammie said...

If you find these "regions" please send me the map so I can visit also!!
We can take pictures and act all touristy.
Loved the Hemingway quote.

Mary Christine said...

I will go with you and Pam to those "regions." Maybe we can get seashells there.

Furtheron said...

Re the plane - near where I used to work was an old RAF/USAF airbase that is now a small regional airport - well barely that, a couple of goes at passenger flights have failed, there are a handful of domestic flights a week... however being ex-military it has a huge runway - so 747, DC10s etc. are regular sight, either pilot training or more likely freight work - bringing in flowers and vegetables from Africa mostly.

Once in a while it was used as the starting point for relief flights to disaster zones - when that happened we'd have those Anotonov's taking off every few hours - unbelievable noise and smoke and just watching this thing fully loaded with food and supplies clawing into the sky was epic.

Syd said...

I've seen that plane around here. Really remarkably huge. I'll travel with you to the regions too. Maybe I can navigate in balance and moderation.