Wednesday, June 20, 2012

a few thoughts ...











todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I woke up sober (again) this morning with no desire to have a drunken day.  I won't have to take care of business by 9am so I can start drinking.  In fact, if I need to write anything, I can do that now because I don't have the DT's anymore.  I used to have to have a couple of beers before I could control my hands in the morning.  I won't be at Griff's (my pub) at 10am to help with the opening of the bar, so I won't start my first pint of beer at 10am either.

for the freedom that Alcoholics Anonymous gives each of us to think and believe only what we need to think and believe

for the progression of sobriety


Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Continue to learn.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.

- Mary Anne Radmacher

3 comments:

Pammie said...

You know, you probably really did believe that you were "helping" them open up the bar in the mornings. I would have convinced myself that they could not do it without me. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sobriety is the most amazing gift of all.

Syd said...

I think that your current day sounds much better than those in the past when it was a drinking day. Catching up on posts here, Dave.