Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Yes, there is a solution.


Ozzy Osbourne (in case you didn't know)


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the Big Book study I go to every Tuesday morning.  I know I've mentioned this numerous times, but I can't say enough about it (apparently).  Yesterday, we read chapter 2, "There is a Solution".  There is so much wisdom in these few pages.  I doubt that many newly-sober or still-drinking alkies can understand much of what is contained in those paragraphs.  For some, there are most assuredly some AHA! moments.  For me, the whole damn thing is an AHA! moment.  LOL

that I spent a day (yesterday) out of my normal zone.  I actually skipped a regular 12:15p meeting where I'm a regular so I could spend a day with my partner and his Mom.  In 8+ years, I can probably count on both hands the number of times I've missed that meeting unless I was out of town.  


Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
- Epictetus



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The longer I stay sober the more the big book absolutely astounds me. I truly believe it was divinely inspired.

The Turning Point said...

Met with fellow I sponsor, big problem searching for answers. Quoted a couple of sentences out of the Big Book. Helped him but I'm the one who got the big AHA. It was just what I needed for my own "problem". It's in giving it away...
Never gets old only newer.
Thanks
Jim

Anonymous said...

As one of the "newly-sober," I am blown away by the punched-in-the-chest feeling I get when I am at a Big Book study. I don't "get it" yet, but I'm learning and absorbing. And I have hope that one day I'll understand the wisdom.

Syd said...

The BB is powerful. Every time I am at a BB study or read it with a friend, I hear something new that I swear wan't in the book before. Amazing.