Wednesday, June 13, 2012

getting there ........




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Chapter 3 of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.  
"The delusion that we are like other people, or presently may be, has to be smashed.
We alcoholics are men and women who have lost the ability to control our drinking.  We know that no real alcoholic ever recovers control."

"In some instances there has been brief recovery, followed always by a still worse relapse."

for some wonderful remembrances of my 2 decades of travel.  I got to meet so many unique people of so many cultures.  I don't seem to write about it much here, but I used to be in the oil exploration industry and got to spend time in about 30 countries, often for months at a time.  I got to actually know the local people; it wasn't like being a tourist.  I was working in those places.  Eating and drinking in those places.  I even had vehicles and apartments (sometimes) in those places.  Even my frequent blackouts did not take away all the memories.  But I sometimes wonder about the things/people I don't remember and never will remember.  Oh well.  This is my journey.


It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- The Buddha

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

Now that is a chart I should be using right now - a lot!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

love that! illustration! :)

Anonymous said...

You used to write about your travels a lot more. I have always loved to hear about your very interesting life. (and see your photos from those times)

Anonymous said...

my mind IS my biggest foe...struggle...keeping my higher power first and not my own selfish wants,(even if i think it's for someone else's good)...the world will work itself out..if i'll just relax and let go and let god.

Syd said...

I like your travel stories as well. I am sure that you have had some great adventures, even those that you don't remember.