Tuesday, June 26, 2012

hot and cold




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Step Eight.  And for my sponsor, who stressed that I not read too much into the steps as they are written.  He told me to keep it simple.  "Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them."
I read that as 2 parts; 1) made a list   2) become willing
At the meeting yesterday on this topic, I heard people going on and on making this so difficult it couldn't possibly be done in one person's lifetime.  
Thanks Robert.

for additional evidence throughout my day that everything happens for a reason.
I wish I could remember this when things are happening.

that I lived through the day yesterday.  We have record-breaking heat here in Houston (101 degrees) and our air conditioning went out during the morning.  The repairman didn't make it here until after 6pm and by that time, the inside temp was 89 deg.  My cats WERE NOT AMUSED.
The problem was a burned out capacitor.


After all is said and done, 
a lot more will have been said than done.
~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Thank God for wise sponsors who don't let us get so crazy with the steps that we never get around to doing them. I think that is what happens to people. They make it so complicated it can't be done - so they don't.

Wow. It was hotter in Denver than Houston yesterday. 104º! And my power went out too. Feels kinda like armageddon!

Unknown said...

Great picture above! Although it is an extremely unfortunate event that took place...maybe alcoholics and addicts aren't the only people in need of recovery. But, if you are suffering from alcoholism and/ or drug addiction and are looking for help check out the New Life House website http://www.newlifehouse.com

Syd said...

Hope that you now have AC. I have a good sponsor too who told me not to overcomplicate things. I made the list and was willing. Thanks Dave.

Unknown said...

link didn't work...let me try again http://www.newlifehouse.com

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I wish we had record breaking temps here..We just broke boring old rain records here..yawn..lol..ps..Hi Shnookie :)