Tuesday, June 05, 2012

growing



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for slow growth, except around the waist

that I have been able to (pretty much) turn a negative experience where I might usually grow and nurture a tremendous resentment into an opportunity for growth.  I just keep telling myself that I have so much to learn and this is another chance at learning.  So many people have issues worse than mine.  Some compassion on my part is the order of the day.  But at the same time, I don't have to be a doormat.  Finding that right balance is very difficult for me.  My sponsor will be able to help my perception, so we're going to sit and discuss this.

that I plan to stay sober and serene today



You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
- Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Dave, you are one shining beacon of healthy sobriety. Thanks for sharing it with us.
xoxoxo,
mc

Syd said...

If I can remember compassion and humanness of others, I can find the balance and not take things personally. Difficult to do sometimes.