Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Acceptance is such an Asset

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I went to a very good Step 10 meeting yesterday

that I no longer "accidentally" add insult to injury to those with whom I come into contact

for compassion towards people, including myself

for another one of those "Aha!" moments in the 6:30am meeting this morning (more shall be revealed)

that when I'm feeling sorry for myself, somebody, somewhere in my life is missing my presence

for the most incredible experience last night of The Astros game; 43,470 screaming, sometimes obnoxious baseball fans

that I left that game disappointed in the outcome, but not the experience

that during that game and towards the end, I never lost sight of the fact that there's a reason they play all 9 innings; my length of time involved with baseball told me not to celebrate too early

that there's always tomorrow (when there's not, I don't need to worry about it anyway)

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
-Sam Ewing

1 comment:

Scott W said...

It's not over until the fat lady sings. At least that's what they say, whoever they are.