Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Serenity

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a chance to share at a Step 9 meeting; my feelings are very strong about this step as it was a major stepping stone in my serenity

that I'm at least trying to make some small changes suggested by my sponsor

that old dogs can learn new tricks, but the treats may need to be tastier

for the concept of a difference between religion and spirituality which enabled me to "get" the program of AA and thus, sobriety

for the return of a familiar face and the addition of a new face at the 6:30a meeting today

that yesterday I finally ran out of the cash and some food staples I had stocked up with for Hurricane Rita - 17 days after the storm passed

for time with my Mom

that I still keep trying to do the right thing even when it's uncomfortable

that when I have nothing else to do, it's mighty difficult to waste my time

for a nice soaking rain which we badly needed

that this city seems to be going bonkers over The Astros

Kindness makes a fellow feel good, whether it’s being done to him or by him.
-Frank A. Clark

2 comments:

JJ said...

I am excited about the Astros too.
LOL @ word verification fifkmse

Shannon said...

absolutly