Sunday, October 02, 2005

Me, Me, Me update

I can't give an update on what's going on with you, but here's my current state of affairs ...

... 2 years, 27 days sober
... I'm still tryng to conceive of my God
... I don't see my wonderful mother often enough, but we're very close
... I'm a GSR for my 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut AA group
... as of yesterday, I'm back on the Board of Directors of Lambda Center
... still one of the most sarcastic smart-asses I know
... still part-owner of Griff's Bar
... I have one AA sponsee
... I continue to have a very special love for Hayden
... I continue to sporadically isolate when I'm not spiritually connected
... still completely single; that's best for everyone
... my 2005 Toyota will be due for state inspection in 13 months

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
-Epictetus

5 comments:

Scott W said...

Sometimes it's all about me instead.

Trudging said...

Early on I knew this lawyer in the program who owned a bar. It had been in his family for 75 years or something. He asked me out but, I was seeing someone eles. A few years later I heard that he shot himself.

JJ said...

I'm glad you are still a sarcastic smart ass. I wouldn't want you any other way.
I love you bro,
JJ

dAAve said...

Trudge -- I have 2 questions ...
1) what was the name of the bar?
2) what kind of gun?

JJ said...

Mini blinds are up and I'm ready for my nap. What I wouldn't give just to snuggle with someone right now. Snuggle therapy is awesome. It works everytime. Nothing like the human touch.